It may be a fig newton of my imagination, but it seems to me that over the last few years I’m hearing more and more wing-nuts advocating violence if they don’t get their way. The first time I took serious note of this behavior was in 2012 when Sharron Angle made her infamous “2nd Amendment Remedy” comment.
“I hope that’s not where we’re going, but you know if this Congress keeps going the way it is, people are really looking toward those Second Amendment remedies and saying my goodness what can we do to turn this country around?”
Here’s a major party candidate for United States Senator, for craps sake, that is essentially condoning violence if her type doesn’t get their way democratically.
Since then I’ve been particularly sensitive to this sort of garbage. And I’m not just talking about Teddy (Draft Dodger) Nugent. But what really scares me is that they are getting away with it.
Free speech does not extend to advocating violence!
I will give today’s subject credit. He’s a bit more original with choice of weapons and he’s smart enough to know the type of people he’s dealing with – a mob! Meet (if you already haven’t had the displeasure) Scott Lively, anti-gay warrior extraordinaire.
I met Scotty back when he started out in Portland, in the late 80’s, as an anti-abortion campaigner. In ’91, he shifted anti’s to homosexuality. He was so successful that Portland now has the 2nd largest LGBT community in the country.
Our Scotty is a man of many other talents as well:
- He ran for governor of Massachusetts in 2014. (Came in 4th out of 5 with less than 1% of the vote.)
- He’s a player on the international stage. Scotty is the man behind Uganda’s unconstitutional legislation that called for the death penalty if you’re of the gay persuasion. Of course, the law got thrown out and according to the BarbWire blog, Scotty is being “crucified” in court over his little stunt. Seems he may have committed “crimes against humanity“.
- He’s the author (er, co-author) of “The Pink Swastika“, a book that claims that homosexuals invented Nazism and were the guiding force behind the atrocities. (Hmm, I wonder if the gays sent to the concentration camps were aware of that.)
- He’s the president of Abiding Truth Ministries, which btw, is listed as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.
- His Abiding Truth Ministries owns the aforementioned “BarbWire” that is whining about his “crucifixion.”
Ok, that more or less brings us up to yesterday. (3/22/15)
Yesterday he posted a call to arms on BarbWire and WND (Weird Nuts Drooling aka World News Daily).
“The battle today is for marriage, the core of the natural family. Every human being on this planet will be harmed if the elites are allowed to destroy it by mutation. It is no different than Monsanto destroying natural foods or seeds by mutating their DNA…Our common paradigm in the grassroots for guiding society should be natural vs artificial across the board, including natural marriage and family…The natural family is the ecosystem of humanity! It must be preserved at all costs.”How? By a populist uprising! The elites need to see the angry mob — liberals and conservatives together — surging through the streets, pitchforks and torches held aloft, ready to tear down Frankenstein’s castle with their bare hands if need be. The only way to deter the elites is with the threat of the mob. They need to see the pitchforks and torches to know they’ve gone too far and need to back down.That’s where we are today in America. The elites want to eliminate the natural family to create a better class of serfs: state-bred children for the factories and the battlefield — easier to control, dulled by drugs and sexual promiscuity … and bread and circuses.”
So in one fell swoop, he manages to berate modern science, medicine and, of course, gays all because of a dystopian future that only he and his ilk portend. And forget about the 2nd Amendment, (they’re massively out-gunned, anyway) go back to nature (farm division) for your weapons. (I’m sure that will work as well as it did with Frank, Drac and Wolfie.)
Of course, he stated that this was all “metaphorical.” (Wink, wink)